Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Carnival Glory–Day 3

Fun Day at Sea.  But first, see what was for dinner at the steakhouse last night.    Dick and I both had escargotP1010202…not entirely how we anticipated it would be prepared.  The little bowl contained escargot soup, which was more tasty than them sitting on the mini-muffin caps.  I chose lobster bisque for my soup; Dick had French onion soup that was a bit on the salty side.
My filet mignon was D.I.V.I.N.E.  Fork tender.  Perfect.  Creamed spinach, sautéed onions and fresh mushrooms.  Yum.P1010205  Heaven.  A small bowl of coffee ice cream and decaf topped off the wonderfully good meal.  Great service, certainly good company of tablemates Bee, Charlie, Sandee, Zane, Barb and Linda.
Dinner was followed by the production show (great), a brief visit to the piano bar to listen to Ron Pass (also great), and then laughs at the comedy club.  Fun for all!
Today was the build-a-bear workshop for children atZane, Sandee, Sandy St. Jude’s Hospital.  Here are the three muskeeters with their completed bears…Zane, Sandee and me:

And now the whole “Evil Crew” is off to have tea with John Heald, Carnival’s Senior Cruise Director, at 3… then meet with him again at 5 for a cocktail party before dinner. 

WYWH.  Life is good on the high seas, y'all!!!

5 comments:

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!!!
I love the dishes...your dinner really was divine!!!
Have fun!

Big hugs!!!

Joy said...

Awww, what cute bears...and what a great project! Glad the steakhouse food was good and I know the company was stellar! Enjoy the "tea with John" and the rest of the day's activities. Hugs!

Haley D. said...

Looks and sounds like you're having a great time! Isn't build-a-bear fun?

Odat said...

Sounds and looks delightful!!! Have a wonderful time!
Peace

Anonymous said...

I saw y'all having tea with john on a video he posted. I was so excited to see you all having fun!