Saturday, August 7, 2010

Zippedee doo dah fun…

The Griswolds, ready to go on Double Trouble…Sandy, Dick ready to dbl zip

It was 1,800’ feet to the landing zone.  Yikes!

Our instructors were great.  There were six of us in our group of fun seekers.  Mac, the youngest, was 12, his mom, and two teenaged young girls…and us.

We did our first ‘training’ glide successfully, then a sort of lateral crossing, followed by one with a deep drop that we were instructed to start our feet running before we hit the ground.

The next next glide was a free fall with cannonball-tucked feet for 1,700’.  It was my favorite!  This is the landing zone…Zip 3 landing area

And the photo above of the two of us was made prior to the the two of us going on Double Trouble, our final glide.  Dick made a movie of that glide, but it is too mega-heavy to post till we get home.  If I can still remember by then to do it!

We have seen pretty much everything we wanted to see around this area of Idaho, so we’ll head to Boise for some shopping ahead of going on into Oregon later today.  We are winging it.

That’s life on the road with the Griswolds.  Have a great Saturday, y’all!

10 comments:

ivana said...

Buongiorno all of you) (y'all is unknown by google!) ha...ha...ha....
I love these reportages, your life is so adventurous..I'm sitting here, but your images and stories are a great company for me!!!
Thanks..I hope we can see all your photos of your interesting Double Trouble!!!
Have a great week end!!!

Big hugs!!

Haley D. said...

Whee!!!!!!!!!! It looks like you were anticipating a great time and sounds like you did! I like those matching outfits. ;) (Did you forget to call each other? LOL)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! How brave you both are! And I loved your matching outfits, too!

Never, and I do mean never, would I do that... well, if it meant I would certainly die if I didn't I might... but I'm thinking NO!

Love Ivana's English... "I love these reportages"! Me, too, Ivana. Me, too!

Big hugs, Sandy! :)

Sarge Charlie said...

holy crap, the griswolds have gone nuts..........

Sarge Charlie said...

holy crap, the griswolds have gone nuts..........

Anonymous said...

wow, you did it!! Can't wait until you post the video--bet it was amazing!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you are going to me mighty close to lala!

and you have so much more nerve than me! yikes!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxo

who wouda thunk it?? said...

you are such an adventurous soul!!

Linda said...

Yowzers, I think I'm with Barb on this one though I can see where it DOES sound like fun. Dick had no trouble with his back at all? That's one of the things that always worries me about trying something a little out of the ordinary - my back twinges just contemplating these sort of things!

ivana said...

Thank you, Barb!

I hope never to write nonsense or misconduct (from google!)
I've no time to learn on, to take e grammarbook, a dictionary, it's difficult to remember rules...at my age!
Thank for the comprehension!
Sandy...how is your Sunday?
My was full...much work...I hope i get a resting new week!

Hugs!