Friday, November 14, 2008

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays

Hamilton Island, in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, is the largest and most comprehensive resort in the south Pacific. There are lush tropical gardens, fine white beaches and crystal clear water. There’s a Fauna Reserve with koalas and kangaroos, numerous boutiques and restaurants, and an extensive range of activities to do...or not do. Hamilton is fairly hilly, rising to 230 meters at Passage Peak.
So that is your history lesson for the day. Greetings from sunny Hamilton Island, where the open boat just left carrying passengers (not us) off to see the GBR. Note the word ‘open.’ I don’t do open boats, with this lily-white skin that pops out pre-skin cancers for a hobby. Nope. Not gonna do it. It is an hour and a half travel time to the reef from where we are anchored, not to mention time spent to float and look at the reef, then the return trip. We have to tender over into the city, so that is what Dick and I will do after all the tour folks get gone. I’m sure we’ll have a lovely day. Life is always good around the sea.
Nan, I send big hugs to you and our sibs in remembrance of Mother’s passing two years ago today. May we each continue to celebrate her life in all that we do! Now all of you go out and hug someone special today!!! Life is precious.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dick and Sandy,
You trip sounds wonderful. What a life!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just read my last note. Just so you know my staff calls me a "serial typist". They call me that because I fly through the keys and sometimes the message can be huh?,confusing, or down right hilarious.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hey i have an idea! (sorry) you could email some photos to your son or whoever can post to your blog and they could post 'em!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Haley D. said...

Sounds gorgeous! Can't wait for whatever pix you can send or post.

Thinking of all of the South GA relatives today (wherever you reside currently). Big hugs!

Sandee said...

How fun. I'm with you on the open boat thing. I wouldn't do that either. Enjoy honey. Big hug. :)