Tuesday, May 12, 2015

This 'n that...




This is my first bloom of the year on the Knockout Rose bush Amy planted for me. All three bushes are happy and doing well.

All the men in the family treated us women to grilled burgers with all the trimmings at the pavilion for Mother's Day, and cleaned up! That was more fun than going out to a restaurant and fighting the crowds. Plus, the kids got to swim...and then go for a boat ride. Just perfect. We should make this an annual tradition!

Brian got tasked to help hoist up our new living room TV, since I am lacking in the TV-moving muscle department. I love having my big guys! Brian even took down the dead TV that was outside on our deck. MM has to make a different bracket to mount the TV removed from the living room, so we will need you back again, Briney! Thankyouverymuch. I'm good at holding the cords out of the way.
And supplying beer.

So, we've had the last soccer game, the last school fund raiser, the last chorus/band concerts, and next week, the last of the classes. Whew. May is rapidly disappearing, so summer will soon be upon us.

How did that happen, Peaches? I'm not ready for summer yet!




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Sandee said...

Sounds like you have a way above average Mothers Day. I love the saying home part. We never go out either. Too many people all going out.

Have a fabulous day honey and I love you back. ♥♥♥

Cruisin Paul said...

What a beautiful rose. My wife & I have 12 rose bushes around our lot but they haven't bloomed yet. We have red, yellow pink, purple and blue roses. I'm looking for some green roses but yet haven't been able to get one.
The men did a great job. Good for them.
Have a wonderful Tuesday Sandy. See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Barb said...

I like the sounds of this new tradition!

My sister Lynda and her family created a new holida this year... Fiesta De Madre! I dont understand all of the finer points yet but just from looking at all of the photos it seems she had lots of fiesta-ish activities for her grandchildren to enjoy. And SHE loved it. Win-Win!

It is mid 90s here. Ack. Winter is over. I don't know what the heck happened to spring. Summer is definitely here.

Have yourself a lovely day!big hugs x0x0

Joy said...

Ooh, I've not seen a yellow Knockout rose - but I like it!
I like your Mother's Day tradition idea.