Friday, August 23, 2013

Foggy Friday in Mayberry





And afternoon showers predicted. Bugger. We are growing mold and gills.

Good morning from the Domestic Goddess! Don, Carolyn, and the doggies just left after a wonderful visit. All the kids were over last night for dinner. It was the first time for D & C to meet our newest family members, Faith and Haley2. Everyone approved! Of course.

So the towels are in the washer; sheets are next. Mowing Man left for work, another mowing job over the line in North Carolina. The house is pretty quiet, especially after all the (good) noise from last night.

I think I shall go sit on the deck and savor the view, the croaks, and chirps for a short while before unloading/reloading the dishwasher. Did you notice the colorful leaves over on the right side of the photo? Yes, fall is around the corner, peaches. August is almost worn out. I need to sit and savor the moment...and cuddle with a kitty or two.

I love my life and my family. A lot.

A little fog is OK when love abounds. Come join me. Cheers!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I have always lovwed fog...I love the scene that it creates. And I am very glad that autumn is right around the corner :) have a wonderful weekend!

Sandee said...

You are indeed full of love for your family, friends and your life. I knew that many years ago and that's why I love you.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from sunny California. ☺

Haley D. said...

Thanks again for having us all over again last night! Dinner was delicious and the company charming. Life is good!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh yes, i see color already. poison ivy and sumac is first!

smiles, bee
xoxoxo

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy
a great post, family love, and many considerations about life, time, weather, husband, work at home...and joy for life even when you are tired and need a bit of rest!
Big hugs, honey!

Joy said...

Y'all have fun at the lake tonight!