Friday, April 29, 2016

9/11 Memorial

Despite the long overnight bus ride, the three tour buses arrived at the 9/11 Memorial pretty much on time for our ticketed entry.  We only had a few minutes to view the outside fountains and plaques before we entered the museum:

This is the view on the Right of two rescued beams:
The students were very respectful while touring through all the exhibits.  Since some of them are 9th graders, they were babies when this tragic event occurred back in 2001:
These are the very stairs used, or attempted to use, by so many in trying to escape the carnage:
Segment of radio and television antennae, North Tower:
Memorable symbol of the brave firefighters who died trying to save those trapped in the carnage:
View of our group gathering near the Survivors Tree on the grounds outside after touring the Museum:
This museum is a must see if you are ever in New York.  We must never forget this attack that killed almost 3,000 people, and severely affected too many families...and touched the hearts of people around the world.

God Bless America!

4 comments:

Joy B said...

I'm so glad your group made it on time for this very meaningful exhibit. We must never forget!

Sandee said...

I will never forget this day. I will never forget who did this. I will no submit.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Jean(ie) said...

I remember the day well. Still fresh. I'm glad y'all got to see this. The kids need to know what happened. Never forget.

Barb said...

Honestly, I am not sure I could see it. I would hear, smell and feel so many things that I don't think I could bear it. Truly.

When I think of how much time has passed all I have to do is think of the moment I heard about the first tower and it's as fresh in my mind as ever. Because I "knew" at that moment that it was an attack. And then the 2nd plane hit and I closed up and went home. I don't know why; I just needed to go home.

big hugs xoxo