Monday, May 12, 2014

Pink Tea Time

 

Pink ladies tea

Guy alert:  You will probably find this boring.  You were warned.

Joy, Joan, Jennie and I met a wonderful group of ladies at a local church for a “Pink Tea” on Saturday.  We were to wear a hat, if we had one.  And pink.  Check.  Can do.  Joy was the only one of us who wore a cute vintage hat.  I don’t own a vintage hat.  Mine are all serviceable hats, you know, the kind to keep sun off the face, not a fancy tea party hat.  I look dorky in a hat.  Totally dorky.  I am more of a “visor” gal.  I went hatless.

Back to the tea.  The decorations were lovely, people brought their own special, adorable cups and saucers, and the food was DELISH:

food table

An informative and humorous program on Vintage Hats was presented by Gail, and afterward, she evaluated some of our hats (no, I was not bored, despite this strange look):

Hat evaluation

Gail has over 300 hats and an equal number of vintage clothing items, all in a temperature controlled room in her home.  A ROOM, not a mere closet.  A WHOLE ROOM. 

This is a small sample of her stash:

hat table

Some of these hats have a hefty value on them.  Who knew?  Gail presented not only some of her hat collection, but a slide show of hats from many different eras in history.  Her knowledge is vast, and she kept us entertained with her quick wit.

It was a fun, girly afternoon, despite the rain, and everyone left, wanting to attend another tea.  Definitely!

The end.

4 comments:

Barb said...

I love hats. Can't wear them. Look and feel like a dork. My Dad's sister Elain was known in Winthrop, the small town my family originally comes form, as The Hat Lady. She had hundreds and was seldom seen without one. In fact, not even at her funeral. Many of her favorite hats were in attendance. srsly.

I do love a lovely proper tea!

big hugs from south jawjah! xoxo

Sandee said...

I too love hats but can't wear them. What a fun afternoon. I wish I could have joined you.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. Scritches to the babies. :)

Joy said...

It was fun, and I'm ready for the next one...if only we could find it. I wish there were more opportunities like this around.

Jean(ie) said...

I'm a dork in hats. Unless it has a wider brim. (it compensates for other "wider" parts...LOL!)

That sounds like lots of girly fun!