Saturday, October 4, 2008

Where has the week gone?

Enjoy this view off our back deck! See how the leaves are changing colors? The colors are really popping out now. Friends Neal and Judie arrived here Friday and parked there moho in our driveway. We took them out for a ride on the pontoon. We love showing off our area to visitors! It is still pretty from the water, even with the water levels down pretty low...
I kept 'da boyz' Friday so Amy and Jason could go hiking. Everbody say 'aaawwww.' They are adorable...and soooo good...however, I am always happy to turn them back over to their parents. God gave us menopause for a reason! And you ask about the pole barn progress now didn't you? Of course you did. Chris joined the guys on Thursday and they got the rest of the trusses put in place. Dick has been working on the decking off and on since then. That's the place where the tin roof is going. Check out the leaves behind Dick way up there...
Of course 'Meals on Wheels' arrived to feed the hungry crew...
And this is a sourwood tree that is near the pole barn. We pass by it every time we drive out our driveway. Pretty, huh?
Haley said on her blog today that this is "World Card Making Day" and for everyone to go make a card or two...so I had a bit of quick fun making these four cards. They are made from two sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock cut in half and then pared down a skoosh to fit in an invitation-sized envelope.
Now I need to go clean up my mess and put away a few of my supplies. I hope y'all enjoy the rest of your evening...and Sunday. Hopefully we'll have a quiet afternoon at home. Anybody doing anything special for Sunday? Life is good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're doing some housecleaning tomorrow.

After pulling stuff from our storage unit, I need to re-group on some things.

Debora Quigley said...

pictures off your deck huh? hey did you see how i figured out how to make a slideshow so you can see them change. your look like they have changed nore thane mine.

I am just hanging around waiting for my iknight in shining armor to get home

Joy said...

I'm impressed you got cards made in the midst of all that is going on. I didn't yesterday but MAYBE today I will. Hugs...