Thursday, March 26, 2015

TBT–Irish heritage

MM has mostly Irish DNA in his family tree, through both parents.  This is his grandfather Edward on his Mom’s Haley side:

Edward J. Haley 002

And Grandma Alice, wife of Edward:

Alice Brannan Haley 001

Alice died of pneumonia quite young, leaving Edward alone to raise these gals (mother Margaret is on R) and their older brother, Arthur:

Leone, Catherine, Margaret Haley 001

Art Haley

Three other Haley children in the family (two boys, one girl) also died very young. 

Some strong DNA was passed down from all these folks, well, except for Arthur and Catherine (long braid).  They never had children; only Margaret and Leone continued the Haley line, producing a total of seven children. 

Sadly, there is no one left of the older generations to help identify a lot of photos that I have, so they shall remain anonymous in all likelihood. 

Keep those memories going, Peaches.  History needs preserving.

Happy Thursday, y’all!

5 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

Good morning Travelin Bells. I agree, we all should look into our past for our heritage. I've been looking into my family's heritage in Italy. It's amazing. I would recommend that every one do the same. Have a great Thursday. See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Sandee said...

I know many people love tracing their heritage, but I don't care one bit about mine. I just don't. Okay, perhaps it's because my family are over the edge and I don't need any more bad news.

I do enjoy hearing about your family though.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Jean(ie) said...

I see some of Edward in MM.

Barb said...

My sister actually has our lineage tracked back to the Mayflower. My maternal granmorhter's brother was the town historian for decades, so you need boots, the history is so deep in our family.

Me? I'm lucky if I remember my great nieces and nephews names. bahahaha!

just kidding. mostly.

What's your name again?

big hugs xoxo

Haley D. said...

The girls remind me of Marjory and Ginny, and believe it or not, Heather. Which sister is which with Margaret?