Saturday, May 2, 2015

May-be warm Saturday




More like May-be NOT. It is 39 outside, but the kiddos won't care at their final soccer game this morning. I will be watching, huddled in my coat on the sideline. Sheesh. Global warming is definitely not working here in the GA Alps.

We love these flame azaleas that normally herald Spring. They need to herald a little louder this year, IMHO. Hubby has tried to propagate some of these lovelies but has been unsuccessful thus far. At least we have a great view from our deck of several bushes across the cove, but would love to have some a little closer to home.

I'm trying a new recipe to take to a Cinco de Mayo dinner tonight. Hopefully it will taste good, otherwise the recipe won't get posted.

That's about all the news from Mayberry today, except to say that I am smiling at reading the announcement of a certain wee Princess. Blessings to this bundle of joy and the Royal family. I had a feeling for pink on this birth, and I was right.

Life is good, the sun is shining, and all is well in our part of paradise.

What's for dinner at your house?

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Barb said...

it was 45 here this morning but had already warmed up nicely to 74! yay.

we're on the way to the farm in Boston GA for some fresh picked veggies and I will be using some of that and chicken pie and mashed taters tonight. my parents are coming so it will be lovely.

good luck to the soccer kiddos and enjoy the day! big hugs xoxo

Sandee said...

It's warm here the morning and we're on the boat. So summer is already here.

We're having ribs for dinner tonight.

Enjoy the soccer game honey. Have a fabulous day. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. :)

Cruisin Paul said...

Sorry to hear that it's still very cold. Hear in Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada, it finally warming up. Today it should be in the middle 70's. Keep warm during the soccer game. I hope they win. See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Jean(ie) said...

It was a nice day here, tomorrow's supposed to be nice, too. Don't worry, I'm headed east next week, which means heat and humidity for y'all!