Friday, May 22, 2015

Blackberry winter




Holy moly...it is 45 this morning in Mayberry. I had to shut some windows! Even the water is warmer than the outside temperature, although the sun is slowly burning off the pretty mist.

The locals call this Blackberry Winter, a colloquial expression used in the south and Midwest N America referring to a cold snap that often occurs in late spring when the blackberries are in bloom.

I'm thinking we will have a pretty good crop of blackberries this year! Brrr. KC inspected the deck and came promptly back inside. Smart boy.

Enjoy your fabulous Friday. We sure will. It is the last day of school for all our short folks, with several of them advancing up to another school. Last day of elementary school. Last day of middle school. Slow down, kiddos!!! Y'all are growing up too fast.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

Well it's finally warming up in Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada. It's been very cold the last few days even to have one morning at 32 degrees. Now that is cold in May.
I love blueberries. Have a wonderful Friday Sandy. See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Sandee said...

It's chilly here too. It's the coldest May I can remember. Must be that climate change thing that they renamed from global warming.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Joy said...

It was delightful this morning, and hopefully the cooler weather will last through the weekend, although I think this was probably the coolest morning. My computer says it is up to 61 outside now. I'm loving it! Happy last day of school to the students and teachers!

Barb said...

It was cooler here but not nearly as cool as you had it. 65° I think. Lovely. But it's hawt now and Al is out there wiping off the lovebugs.

Have a wonderful day! big hugs x0x0

Jean(ie) said...

It was chilly here this morning, too! Feels like rain, but haven't seen any. May just blow over. Either way I have inside plans for tomorrow.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

It was 93 here yesterday so the pool was my second home!

smiles, bee
xoxo