Friday, March 25, 2016

Airplane tour

A friend of ours who flies for an on-demand airline texted MM to say that he would be at PBI Thursday night, and did we want a tour of a Global 6000 aircraft after the passengers departed.  Is the Pope still Catholic?  Of course we would love that!

MM got a run down of all the cockpit bells and whistles...


This is the aft view from the galley...
 Galley, looking toward the cockpit...
 MM enjoying the cushy seat...
 If one aircraft is good, two are even better!
So this is how the other half travels!  Beautiful and comfy...well equipped aircraft.  It would certainly be nice to travel this way, but no way could we afford such luxury.  We will stay happy with our little, relatively slow, aircraft!

Honey, would you like peanuts or pretzels?

It was great seeing our friend, and visiting with him and some of the crew later at the hotel.  They are all off duty today, and heading to their homes.

And us?  MM is washing the moho today (after a good rain), while I do inside duty.

Life is back to normal, complete with napping assistants nearby.

Have a thoughtful, thankful Good Friday, y'all!

6 comments:

Sandee said...

Yep, that would have been a fun tour indeed. Private jets rock. Glad you got to see it and visit with friends.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the napping assistants. ♥♥♥

Jean(ie) said...

Oh heck yes! Those Globals are slick! Occasionally we can hear one fly over us. Yes, I'm a geek. I hear a plane, then dash over to Flight Radar 24 to see what it is. Lol!

Joy said...

I know you enjoyed both the tour and visiting with your friend. Good times.

Cruisin Paul said...

Do you think that your friend could fly my wife & I to Miami next January to go to our cruise on the Carnival Vista? I wouldn't mind like the rich people fly just once in my life? Oh well I fly Delta like I do every year.

Have a wonderful Saturday Sandy my lovely friend. See ya.


Cruisin Paul

Barb said...

Yeah, that doesn't look anything like what I fly either.

Speaking of "peanuts or pretzels", I just booked flights for my sister Janice and my nephew Tommy. It will be Tommy's first time flying. Janice is already a little bit worried. She won't tell him about it until it's almost time to go. His autism tends to make him uber OCD. Srsly. Anyway, he has many severe allergies, the worst of which is a life-threatening peanut allergy. Actually, ANY legumes. Anything that grows in a pod. He doesn't evan have to eat it. The scent alone will put him into anaphylactic shock. Airborne... Who knew? Not us, before Tommy.

You probably knew this but the airline sends this information in the notes to the flight crew and they will not serve any peanuts (or anything containing peanut oil) to any passenger during his flights. We thought that was way cool.

Of course, they cannot guarantee that some passengers may carry some onto the flights. We'll be praying that none do. :/

Hope you're fully enjoying your final days in the warmer WPB. big hugs xoxo

Haley D. said...

That is one beautiful plane, and I'm glad you took us on the tour too. Thanks!