Monday, June 27, 2016

Ciao, Venetzia!




After dinner last night, we took advantage of our all day water taxi ticket and too one last trip along the Grand Canal, back to San Marko. The lights were beautiful all along the way.



An added bonus was music added in the square...clarinet, piano, violin and accordion, yes!, playing Canon in D. Very interesting combination.

So now we are about to go to the train station, bound for Sorrento. The kids will get off the train and visit Pompeii...while we continue on to Sorrento with all the bags. Aren't they lucky to have us along?! Porter!!!

I will steal some of their photos to post. My Pompeii photos are at home on my computer, and they are about 10 years younger than theirs will be. Probably little has changed.

Life is good, no, Grand! We are enjoying the FFF...forced family fun...trip. Thus far. Ha!

Ciao, y'all!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Joy said...

The train/baggage plan sounds like win/win! Keep having fun with the family. Hugs to all!

Sandee said...

You are good parents and grands. Yes you are. They appreciate this.

Have a fabulous day honey. I'm having fun coming along virtually. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

Paul Pietrangelo said...

Oh my Sandy. I haven't had a chance to see your blog for some time. I'm so sorry. Another cruise? Wow! You must be just like Bee. How lucky you two are. I can only get my wife to take one cruise a year even though we could take two. She laughing says to me, After the first one find another lady to go with you. She knows that I would only go with her. Oh well I'm in love with only one beautiful lady.
I see that you are really enjoying this cruise. After this one are you planning another cruise in the near future?
I'm going to back and re - read the rest of your blog about your cruise. See ya my friend.

Cruisin Paul

Jean(ie) said...

I know they're having fun... And y'all, too! I'd love to visit Pompeii. I find the story of the town so fascinating! Keep the fun pics coming!