Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day




Please take a moment and whisper "thank you" for all those who died to give us our freedom.

Did you know?

Memorial Day was originally Decoration Day. It was first observed on May 30, 1866, to honor Union and Confederate soldiers who died during the American Civil War.

By the late 19th century, Decoration Day had become known as Memorial Day, and had expanded to honor all those who died in service of the United States.

In 1971, Memorial Day became a federal holiday to be observed on the last Monday in May.

Enjoy your freedom on this day, peaches!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Sandee said...

This day was paid by so many that gave their all. May they all rest in eternal peace.

Have a blessed day honey. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Paul Pietrangelo said...

On this Memorial Day, I remember my friend Sarge, Bee's husband. He always treated me with deep respect and I returned it back to this wonderful man.
See ya my wonderful friend.

Cruisin Paul

Joy said...

May we always remember those who gave their lives for our freedom. Hugs!